Our October letters are set to address problems in Ethiopia, Louisiana (USA), and Angola.
- Eskinder Nega of Ethiopia — Few families have sacrificed more for their people. And now – the government has arrested Eskinder alongside many other prominent journalists for writing the truth.
- Albert Woodfox of the United States of America — On June 8, 2015 a federal judge granted Louisiana prisoner Albert Woodfox an unconditional release. No other prisoner in the U.S has been held in solitary confinement longer than Albert Woodfox.
- Rafael Marques de Morais of Angola — Rafael Marques de Morais is an internationally well-respected journalist who dared write a book exposing human rights abuses and corruption in the diamond fields in Angola. He also attempted to bring to account those he held complicit in the abuses, military generals and mining companies.
If you feel the work we do is important, we would like you to be a part of it.
- “Like” us on Facebook and check the site daily for information about released prisoners.
- Become a living witness and Share our group’s successes to others.
- Email Mark Konrad at firstname.lastname@example.org and say “I would like to help release amnesty international political prisoners, please tell me how.”
- All of the above
There is never a fee to become a member of Global Importune.